- Get Involved
P2PU is registered as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organisation in California. But that’s just the legal side of things. We are a community – check out the About page to find out how we work and the People page about who we are.
Support and Funding
P2PU is made possible by a global network of exceptional people and organizations. It has allowed us to open the web up to the most effective kind of learning – peer to peer learning.
Our gratitude goes to:
- The Hewlett Foundation
- The Shuttleworth Foundation
- University of California Irvine
- Creative Commons
- Aspiriation Tech
- Open University Catalunya, for hosting our Barcelona workshop
- Palomar 5, for hosting our Berlin workshop
- The Loft Boys’ Club House for hosting our NYC camp
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for hosting assessment workshop
- MacArthur Foundation for supporting badge development
- iCommons for conference attendance funding
- OSUOSL for service
- Twilio for service
- Sendgrid for service
- Stackoverflow & Hirelite for service
P2PU is also lucky and proud to have had a group of wise and wonderful advisors who have given their time to act as a sounding board, and help us navigate any thorny, difficult (and interesting) issues. They bring a diverse mix of backgrounds and expertise, and we appreciate that they have offered to help us make the P2PU real. All Advisers act in their personal capacity. The Advisers carry no responsibility for the content of this site or the activities of the P2PU.
- Ahrash Bissell Consultant on Innovation in Education and Science; William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Monterey Institute for Technology and Education, Mozilla Foundation, previously ED of CC Learn
- Steve Carson, External Relations Director - MIT OpenCourseWare, (OCW blog)
- Leslie Chan, Senior Lecturer, Department of Social Sciences at the University of Toronto at Scarborough. Associate Director of Bioline International (home page)
- Christine Geith, Assistant Provost and Executive Director of Michigan State University‘s MSU Global
- M.S. Vijay Kumar, Director, Office of Educational Innovation and Technology - MIT (home page)
- Gary W. Matkin, Dean Continuing Education – University of California, Irvine
- Mark Surman, Executive Director - Mozilla Foundation (blog)
- (Jacob) Jaap Tuinman, former Vice-president Academic, Memorial University of Newfoundland and Vice-Chancellor/CEO, British Columbia Open learning Agency and BC Open University
- David Wiley, Associate Professor of Instructional Psychology and Technology at Brigham Young University, Chief Openness Officer at the Open High School Utah, opencontent.org, home page
- Hack Education Weekly News: MOOC Expansions, MOOC Refusals, and Felonious High School Science | smartermag.info on Happy Release Day! We are OBI Compliant, Folks.
- Hack Education Weekly News: MOOC Expansions, MOOC Refusals, and Felonious High School Science | H Tanalepy on Happy Release Day! We are OBI Compliant, Folks.
- mozzadrella on How We Make the Glue (Without Getting Sticky)
Tagsbadges batucada Berlin Workshop brainstorming competition courses Creative Commons design DML drumbeat featured course gang hendrix incorporation lernanta March 2010 marvin media Mozilla ocw oer open courses opencourseware opened2010 open education openness orrick p2pu Projects rap School of Open skills map stand up sugarhill gang technology twitter uoc update virtual sprint web webcraft week weekly update wild workshop
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.