Want to receive this monthly newsletter in your inbox? Sign up here! 🌞
Looking back, looking ahead!
This Wednesday, we’re hosting a Community Board Meeting and you’re invited! In this public call, we’ll recap what happened in 2020 and introduce P2PU’s strategic objectives for 2021:
- Champion the learning circle model
- Cultivate the best free learning materials on the web
- Support a global community of practice
- Financially sustain our organization
During the call, we’ll offer space for the community to share stories, give feedback, and affirm our priorities to make sure our work with learning circles has a wide and lasting impact in the coming years.
👋 Dirk, Grif, Nico, Becky, and Q
News from November
After 3 years as our Community Lead, our colleague Nico is moving on from P2PU next month. 😢 We’ll miss you, Nico! Read his last blog post here and join us on Wed, Dec 9th for a small online going-away party. (p.s. Can’t make it to the call? Add your notes or pictures to the goodbye card!)
Job Readiness Resources
Interested in helping the people in your community find new jobs? We’ve just launched a list of resources to help facilitators prepare and plan job skills programs. See the Job Readiness Topic Guide and add your thoughts to the community word cloud
Better Scheduling Tools
We’ve spruced up the learning circle creation page to hopefully make your life a little easier—check out that online toggle and our new calendar view! See a write-up of the changes here.
“Learning circles provide people with opportunities to rethink how people learn and work together. I believe what made this learning circle so exciting for folks was the collaborative aspects, and because of that it was recommended that the same group continue to meet once a month to continue to further these discussions while looking at new topics. The participants learned a lot (and so did I as facilitator!) and want to continue to learn together.”
— Facilitator reflection from The 1619 Project learning circle
November Learning Circles
In November, 346 people participated in 76 learning circle meetings in 12 countries!
15 learning circles came to an end. Check out a few of the insights:
- An Introduction to Infectious Diseases in Ottawa, CAN
- Worthington 21-Day Racial Equity and Social Justice Challenge in Worthington, USA
- Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science (physics) in Boston, USA
- PPL Learners: Smithsonian’s Objects That Define America in Providence, USA
- The 1619 Project at PPL in Providence, USA
- Intro to Grants and Foundations in Saint Paul, USA
- Learning Circles with Chicago Public Library in Chicago, USA
Thanks for reading! Want to receive this monthly newsletter in your inbox? Sign up here! 🌞