We all want to help learners be successful. What “success” means and how we measure it means different things depending on your point of view. Additionally, issues of privacy and security haunt the conversation. Joinus to hear how we think about this emerging field.
We’ll be answering the following questions:
– What should we be measuring? How does that stack up against what we are measuring? (How might “measuring” be a problem in and of itself?)
– Who does “Learning Analytics” well?
– Which ideas have shaped your thinking about learning analytics?
– How do teachers use the output from learning analytics? What are the challenges from informing instruction with data?
– What are the historical origins of “learning analytics”? Why do these suddenly matter?
If you’d like to freshen up on the topic, we recommend the following resources: