- Get Involved
Diversifying the pursuit of science.
The Citizen Science project at P2PU is motivated by the idea that scientific ideas and practice should be accessible to everyone. Doing this democratizes, diversifies and advances scientific thought, products, and our collective capacity for formal reasoning. The Citizen Science project is also about ways that openness and collaboration change the structure of science knowledge– and vice-versa.
The Citizen Science project ties into P2PU’s core goals with the following specific aims:
- Community: Building scientific communities outside of institutional settings.
- Peer-learning: exploring self-driven and peer-based approaches to science and mathematics through courses on P2PU.org.
- Openness: creating open science resources, supporting the use of and experimentation with open practices and formats between researchers and learners on the web.
- Development of science content on P2PU.org related both to scientific practice and specific science and math topics.
Project Lead: Jessy Kate Schingler.
If you are interested in collaborating on open and peer-based science, research, or crowdsourcing projects, please drop a line!
- Hack Education Weekly News: MOOC Expansions, MOOC Refusals, and Felonious High School Science | smartermag.info on Happy Release Day! We are OBI Compliant, Folks.
- Hack Education Weekly News: MOOC Expansions, MOOC Refusals, and Felonious High School Science | H Tanalepy on Happy Release Day! We are OBI Compliant, Folks.
- mozzadrella on How We Make the Glue (Without Getting Sticky)
Tagsbadges batucada Berlin Workshop brainstorming competition courses Creative Commons design DML drumbeat featured course gang hendrix incorporation lernanta March 2010 marvin media Mozilla ocw oer open courses opencourseware opened2010 open education openness orrick p2pu Projects rap School of Open skills map stand up sugarhill gang technology twitter uoc update virtual sprint web webcraft week weekly update wild workshop
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.