We’re delighted to announce the next round of Learning Circles – face-to-face study groups for people who want to work together through online content. And this time, we’ve gone big – we’re running Circles in 12 branches of the Chicago Public Library.
After the success of our pilot round in the Spring, and with the ongoing support of the Chicago Public Library and the Knight Foundation we decided to go bigger and better, with 6 different courses running at 12 locations. We worked with librarians to find courses that would be relevant and useful to their communities, and we’ve created a compelling list of courses, which will help learners all over Chicago get to grips with online, peer-driven learning as well as teaching a variety of job and college-readiness skills
Patrons of the CPL and any other interested Chicagoans will be able to study the following courses at the following branches, and just click the links to sign up:
- Greater Grand Crossing – Get Started Writing Fiction, Wednesdays, 4pm-5:30pm, starting Oct. 14
- Roosevelt – Intro to Public Speaking, Mondays, 6pm-7:30pm starting Sept. 21
- Manning – NCLEX-Registered Nurses Test Prep, Wednesdays, 5:30pm-7pm starting Sept. 16
- Whitney Young – Get Started Writing Fiction, Wednesdays, 4pm-5:30pm starting Oct. 14
- Clearing – Resume Writing and Interview Skills, Wednesdays, 6pm-7:30pm starting Sept. 23
- Edgewater – NCLEX-Registered Nurses Test Prep, Thursdays, 6pm-7:30pm starting Sept. 17
- Richard J Daly – Resume Writing and Interview Skills, Tuesdays, 6pm-7:30pm starting Sept 29
- Bessie Coleman – Intro to Public Speaking, Tuesdays, 11am-12:30pm starting Sept. 15
- Albany Park – Intro to HTML & CSS, Tuesdays, 4pm-7pm starting Sept. 15
- Lincoln Belmont – Resume Writing and Interview Skills, Tuesdays, 4pm-5:30pm starting Sept. 22
- Jeffery Manor – Resume Writing and Interview Skills, Thursdays, 5pm-6:30pm starting Oct. 1
- Harold Washington – Beginner’s Guide to Academic Writing (Tuesdays, 6pm-7:30pm starting Sept. 29)
These courses are free to join, with no pre-requisites necessary, and open to all.